Have you ever thought that you could eat a rich, decadent chocolate cake for Sehoor? For those who have, I come with glad tidings.
It is a cross-over between ‘Sacher Torte’, the famous chocolate cake from Austria, and ‘Raw Chocolate Raspberry Ganache’, a chocolate cake created by raw food wiz Ani Phyo, which you can find in her book ‘Ani’s Raw Food Desserts’.
I call it ‘Raw Sehoor Torte’, and yes it is so filling and nutritious that you can start your fast with it.
It is super quick and easy peasy to make that anybody can do it. It only takes 15-20 min, and it tastes so good that it will send you to a different dimension.
Here it is:
Ingredients for the raw batter:
3 cups walnuts
2/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup raw pitted dates
1. Blend thoroughly in the food processor
2. Form 2 equal balls and flatten them into two equal sized cake layers.
Ingredients for the raw frosting:
1/2 cup of ripe avocado
1/3 cup of pitted dates
1/4 of agave syrup or raw honey
1 cup of raspberries
1 cup of ripe peaches or dried peaches soaked in water for 2 hours
1 tea spoon vanilla powder
2 table spoons agave nectar or raw honey
1. Blend avocado, dates and agave/honey thoroughly in the food processor. Spread 2 table spoons of the frosting over the bottom cake layer.
2. Chop peaches finely, put them in a bowl, mix in 1 table spoon of agave nectar or honey and vanilla powder.
3. Spread the mix over the bottom cake layer over the layer of frosting.
4. Take the second cake layer and place it on top.
5. Spread the frosting evenly over the entire cake.
6. Arrange raspberries on top – be creative!
7. Blend the reminder of raspberries and 1 table spoon of agave or honey to make a smooth sauce that you will lavish each piece of cake with.
8. Leave it in the fridge for 15 minutes or enjoy immediately!
You can serve ‘Raw Sahoor Cake’ even as a dessert for Iftar which I did today, and I am happy to report that my friends and family gave it two chocolate smeared thumbs up!