Raw buckwheat* porridge. No cooking, no gluten, no sugar, no monkey business. It is creamy, it is rich and is bursting with raw energy!
I present to you ‘Sehoor for Champions’:
2 cups of whole buckwheat groats (soaked in water for 8h and drained)
1/2 cup of coconut flakes
1 ripe freckled banana
6 dates (I used my darlings – Deglet Noor)
1 peach (or any other fruit or berries that you love or have at home)
Juice from 1/4 of lemon or lime
Toss all ingredients into your food processor and blend until chunky.
Serve into your favorite bowl and garnish with some whole buckwheat groats, goji berries or raisins, and some ground linseeds.
Enjoy immediately and look forward to a day of fasting. You are all set, like a true champ!
*Health benefits of buckwheat:
- Buckwheat can be safely eaten by people who have celiac disease as it does not contain glute. It can be a good substitute for wheat, oats, rye and barley in a gluten-free diet.
- Rich in fiber, protein, B vitamins, and minerals such as magnesium and iron
- Mild, earthy and nutty flavor ideal as a side dish or rice replacement.
- Diets that contain buckwheat have been linked to lowered risk of developing high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Buckwheat’s beneficial effects are due in part to its rich supply of flavonoids, particularly rutin. Flavonoids are phytonutrients that protect against disease by extending the action of vitamin C and acting as antioxidants.
- Buckwheat is high protein; the protein found in buckwheat contains the eight essential amino acids.
- Buckwheat is high in fiber.
- This healing food is also rich in lecithin, making it a wonderful cholesterol balancer because lecithin soaks up “bad” cholesterol and prevents it from being absorbed. Lecithin neutralizes toxins and purifies the lymphatic system, taking some of the load off of the liver.
- Buckwheat is a wonderful super food for people who have varicose veins or hardening of the arteries. One of the reasons is that it is full of rutin, which is a compound that is known as a powerful capillary wall strengthener. When veins become weak, blood and fluids accumulate and leak into nearby tissues, which may cause varicose veins or hemorrhoids.
- Sprouted buckwheat also cleanses the colon and alkalizes the body.
- For more info visit http://nouveauraw.com/raw-techniques/how-to-sprout-and-use-buckwheat-groats/