If there is anything raw that you make this Ramadan or Eid, let it be Halvah. Not just any raw version, but this one. I’ve not been a fan of halvah, but after composing and tasting this beautiful raw melody, I’ve started my own fan club.
So, without further ado, I give you:
1 1/2 cups sesame seeds with hull, ground in coffee grinder
3 tablespoons raw coconut butter, softened
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/3 cup raw honey
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
1 tbs organic vanilla powder/seeds scraped from the inside of a vanilla bean pod
1/2 cup chopped dates (preferably Deglet Noor)
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1-2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
1. Mix all ingredients for the base.
2. Place the mixture on a plastic folie and place it in a round pan.
3.Pat the mixture into a pizza shape ca. 0,3- 0,5cm thick.
4. Toss chopped dates, walnuts and cacao nibs over the ‘pizza’ base.
5. Refrigerate to set (ca. 20 min.)
6. Take the set base out and roll it gently into a log. Remember to remove the plastic folie from the base as it is being rolled. Sushi rolling mat can be of use for this.
7. Cover the halvah roll with the separated plastic folie.
8. Refrigerate to set (ca. 30 min).
9. Cut carefully into 1cm slices or thinner if you can pull it off.
10. Serve on a beautiful plate and enjoy with a cup of strong green mint tea.
11. Savor every bite and feel the gratitude for this sweet, nourishing blessing!