After a whole month of fasting and detoxifying, your body is ready for a good scrub that will remove old skin cells, and get the lymph and blood circulation moving. In the beginning of Ramadan, I wrote about the importance of dry skin brushing (check out Ramadan Survival Kit). The following recipes are more aromatic, and definitely more yummy, face and body treatments that will enhance your inner and outer glow for the Eid Feast.
Two of these recipes are from a rawsome book called “Everyday Raw Detox” by Matthew Kenney and Meredith Baird.
I’ve given them my own little twist and new names.
Coffee Buzz Body Scrub
1 cup coffee, finely or semi coarsely ground in a coffee grinder
1/2 cup coconut sugar or sea salt, finely ground in a coffee grinder
1/2 cup raw coconut butter, melted
A few drops of Argan oil (optional) or your favorite aromatic oil
1. Mix all ingredients in a jar.
2. Take2-3 TBS of this yummy mixture and massage it all over your body. It so deserves it!
3. Take a shower.
4. Marvel at how silky and radiant your skin is!
After you’ve pampered your beloved body, it’s time for your darling face!
Sweet Face Scrub
1 TBS raw honey
1tbs finely ground coconut sugar (or finely ground polenta or oat groats)
1. Mix honey and coconut sugar in your hands.
2. Apply all over your face and massage gently.
3. Let sit for about 10-15min.
4. Rinse with lukewarm water.
Now, that the scrubbing is done it’s time to nourish that miraculous skin of yours.
Sweet Green Face-Lift
1/4-1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
2 tbs raw honey
1. Mash avocado and honey until smooth.
2. Apply generously over face and neck.
3. Allow to set for 10-15min.
4. Wash your face with lukewarm water with or without a mild cleanser.
5. Apply your moisturizer.
6. Look at your face in the mirror and take in the raw beauty that’s in front of you. This is how love looks like!
Now that you both feel and look rawsome, you are all set for Eid Celebration!
Happy Eid, Eid Mobarak, Bajram Mubarek Olsun! May we all restore our true inner and outer glow!