Today, I am posting a recipe that will rock your metabolic world! It has certainly rocked mine.
This little dish is super easy to make and tastes so amazing that it has become my Ramadan staple food, alongside my other sweetheart – “Watermelon Love” smoothie (see recipe here).
It’s gooey, it’s smooth, it’s crunchy! It is a feast of colors and tastes! If you like porridge, pudding and all those delightful (especially Turkish) creamy delicacies, you will absolutely love this dish.
And it is not only good to you, it is good for you.
All you need is a couple of minutes to mix it up, and you will get a total power upload! We are talking proteins, carbs, omega 3&6 fatty acids, minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and fiber!
It will literally bring you back to life and restore your strength after many hours of fasting (20 hours here in Scandinavia!), help you build on that strength and have mental acuity as you fast – no need for feeling sluggish, weak or blurred, which is how most people feel after breaking or starting the fast on the dishes that have culturally grown into Ramadan staple food.
It is my absolute pleasure to share with you:
“The Power Trip”
– 2 cups almonds
– 3 TBS chia seeds
– 1/2 cup buckwheat groats (soaked over night)
– 2 TBS unshelled hemp seeds
– 4 strawberries
– 4 apricots or peaches
– 4 figs
– 1 TBS goji berries
– 1/2 cup blueberries
1. For those who are raw food savvy and make their own almond milk, this is the best alternative, otherwise use store-bought unsweetened (or lightly sweetened) almond or nut/seed milk will do. Pour the milk in a bowl.
2. Stir in chia seeds, making sure that all of them get soaked. Add buckwheat groats, goji berries and chopped strawberries, peaches (save some for garnish) and figs. Stir the mixture a couple of times and then leave it in the fridge or at room temperature for about 30 minutes, so that these amazing ingredients can get some time to relax and mingle.
3. Just before serving, preheat a pan on a low heat, and toss in hemp seeds. Roast them for a minute or so, just enough to get that beautiful crunch, without spoiling the quality of the essential fatty acids. This step can be omitted if you want to stay really raw.
4. Serve this dish in a cup or a bowl, and garnish with blueberries, fruit and hemp seeds. Enjoy! Power to you!