It’s time to spice things up! We are going to take our taste buds for a wild ride! Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are on the menu for Iftar tonight. (Caution! If you or your taste buds are afraid of flying or are inexperienced in the spice department, you should approach this recipe with caution).
I ate a fried version of this dish at a vegan restaurant when I was in California, and it was love at first bite.
This recipe is a raw food spin on it, equally tasty, only much healthier.
For those of you who do not have a dehydrator, you can bake these cauliflower hotties at the lowest temperature possible (which is 50 degrees Celsius for most ovens) for 30-45 minutes or so. Either way you are in for a spicy treat!
It is my particular pleasure to give you:
“Buffalo Cauliflower Wings”
– 1 head of medium cauliflower
– 6 fresh Iranian dates or 6 smaller ones (soaked in water for 30 min)
– 1/4 cup sundries tomatoes
– 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
– 1 TBS chipotle chili powder
– 2 TBS olive oil
– 1-2 cloves garlic
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 2 tsp onion powder
– 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
– 1 TBS lemon juice
– 1/2 tsp salt
1. Wash the head of cauliflower and cut/break into medium size florets. Dry well.
2. Toss the remaining ingredients into a high speed blender and process until smooth.
3. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower florets and make sure that each one is coated well.
4. Spread them on a Teflex sheet in a dehydrator and dehydrate at 41 degrees Celsius (118degrees Farenheit) for about 2-3 hours.
5. Serve with Avocado Ranch Dip, sauer kraut or cabbage slaw, and chopped Persian cucumbers with fresh mint and dill (for a cooling effect).
6. Say a prayer (you’ll need it!) and enjoy!
“Avocado Ranch Dip”
– 1 avocado
– 1/4 C soaked (4 hours) cashews (optional for those who prefer a creamier dip)
– 2 TBS lemon juice
– 1 clove garlic
– 1 TBS chopped onion
– 2 TBS fresh parsley
– 2 TBS fresh mint
– 1 TBS fresh dill
– 3/4 tsp salt
– 4-5 chopped pumpkin seeds for garnish
1. Toss all ingredients in a high speed blender and process until smooth. Garnish with pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately! Dip away!
Even cauliflower has wings. This recipe proves it!