If there is one dish that will raise your culinary game and make you look cheffy in no time, it is this one.
Even though it is made out of small veg&fruit dice, there is nothing dicey about it.
It is so simple and straightforward, and yet, such a visual and gustatory stunner!
All you need is a sharp knife, steady hand and some patience (I know this is kind of a lot to ask of somebody who has been fasting all day long, but believe me, your effort will pay off).
What is great with this recipe is that you can experiment with any kind of fruit&veg, and see what happens. The possibilities are endless.
So, without further ado, I give you:
“Zucchini Watermelon Tartar”
– 1 small zucchini.peeled or unpeeled, small dice
– 1 slice of a small size watermelon, small dice
– 1 avocado, small dice
– 2 TBS lemon or lime juice
– 2 tbs olive oil
– 1/4 tbs agave or honey
– 1 TBS basil (chopped)
– 1 TBS mint (chopped)
– 1/2 TBS lemon balm (chopped)
– 1 tsp salt
1. Toss all ingredients until well combined.
2. Press into a ring mold (using a spoon) to serve.
3. Garnish with mint leaves (or any other herb), hemp seeds and a drizzle of olive oil (or herb infused oil).
4. Serve immediately! Enjoy your culinary work of art!