This soup is something else, I tell you.
It has been on my Iftar menu ever single day this Ramadan, apart from being a well established staple food in my family. My sister makes no other soup. Ever. And for a good reason.
This baby is amazingly creamy, herby, lush, satisfying, and most of all, easy to make. It does involve some risk taking though (especially if you are a committed raw foodist), since it requires going higher than our designated 42 degree Celsius. But this is the only “risk” to take with this soup. Everything else is super easy peasy.
So, here it goes!
“Easy Peasy Soup”
– 350g or ca. 3 cups frozen peas (defrosted)
– 1/4 cup cashew (soaked for 2h min. or 1/2 medium zucchini)
– 2 cups hot water (or 3 if you like it less creamy)
– 3 cloves garlic
– 8 fresh leaves of each: mint, coriander, lemon balm, and sage
– 1 tsp dried thyme or 1/2 tsp fresh
– 1 tsp Himalayan salt
– 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil, fresh lemon juice and micro greens for garnish and seasoning (optional).
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy with ease!